The AV500 router is a small sized compact router that can be installed easily at places where there is low availability of power outlets. Other than that these routers have superior signal transmitting capabilities at even the remotest of the corners of your workplace.
However, harnessing the performance takes into account that you know how to set things up at the initial level. If you are wondering on how to setup your Wavlink AV500 router, you are at the right place.
Just follow the following steps to set your router up and get going.
Setting up the Wavlink AV500 Router
Starting with the process, you need to have an idea on how to setup Wavlink AV500 routers. Well, this is where we come to your rescue. Follow the steps.
- Connect your router to the computer system using a CAT5 Ethernet cable. Also, connect your router with the electrical power outlet of your home.
- Turn on your computer and open the web browser. You can use any web browser like Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Mozilla as per your requirement. As soon as your web browser opens, enter the default IP address 192.168.0.1 or you can also use 192.168.10.1. Both the inks will work well when you are tying to login and setup the network.
- Once you have entered this address, you will be directed to the login page where you will be asked to enter the default username and the password credentials. If you do not remember the default credentials, you can use the following combinations.
- Username: admin; Password: admin
- Username: admin; Password: 1234
- Username: admin; Password: *leave the field empty*
- If you don’t remember the default credentials of your WAVLINK AV500 Router, you can simply RESET the same by performing hard RESET or simply soft RESET.
- Once you are logged in the router login page, you would need to change the default credentials as per your convenience. This is to ensure that the security of your devices is not compromised. Change these credentials to something more personal and secure.
Troubleshooting issues related to your Wavlink router
Router password not working
It might happen that you forget your password or the set password just doesn’t work. In either case, you can follow the steps below to know how to make your router work.
There’s no other way to RESET the password or recover it than having to RESET the router device itself. In order to RESET the router, you would need to follow the router RESET guide. There are two ways you can RESET the password, one, performing hard reset, second, performing soft reset.
However, when you have lost the password itself, there’s only HARD RESET option available now.
Performing Hard RESET
Locate a pinhole construction at the rear end of your router device. Use a thin object like a paper clip or a pin to insert it into the pinhole. Insert the object into the pinhole and press the RESET button for about 30 seconds. Keep the position still once the router LEDs at the front do not start blinking repeatedly.
If you would need any further information or have questions, feel free to reach out to our support team at any time of the day.
This is the signal to release the RESET button. After a few seconds the router will reboot itself signaling that the RESET process has been completed. Now you can follow the earlier discussed steps to set the router up again and working.